- 1 can (19-oz/540-mL) black or kidney beans
- 1 can (19-oz/540-mL) romano beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced onion
- Half sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 black olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- pinch pepper
- Drain and rinse black and romano beans; drain again and place in bowl. Add corn, onion, red pepper and olives.
- Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over bean mixture. Sprinkle with coriander; toss to coat.
Per serving: about 250 calories - 12 g protein - 6 g fat - 39 g carbohydrate - very high source of fiber
Try it With:
Easy Fish Tacos
Pasta and Bean Salad
- Mixx It!