- 2 (14.75-ounce) cans of wild salmon, bones and skin removed, and mashed into small flakes with a fork
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Small mini-burger buns
- Wasabi sauce or Dijon mustard (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix salmon, egg, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form salmon mixture into 10 small patties. Dredge in breadcrumbs to coat all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot over medium heat. Cook patties in batches until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes each batch.
- Drain salmon cakes on paper towels. Serve on buns with wasabi sauce or Dijon mustard if using. Or keep warm in an oven on low heat until ready to serve.
Tips & Tricks
To kick up the flavor, add capers to the salmon mixture, or use a flavored mayonnaise such as wasabi mayo instead of the traditional mayonnaise.
Create a toppings bar for the sliders with shredded lettuce, slices of grape tomato, capers and slices of red onion.
Sliders, Or Mini-burgers, Make Great Party Food Because Theyâ€™re So Compact. This Appetizer Recipe Substitutes Fish For Usual Ground Meat, To Create Finger Food That's Perfect For Any Gathering.