- One package of boneless dried codfish.
- One half cup of sofrito. (You can find the recipe for sofrito on our foundation page.)
- One eight ounce can of tomato sauce.
- Four tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Two quarts of cold water.
- One small jar of green olives (For this dish I prefer the ones with the pit they seem to hold up better.)
- salt and pepper to taste. ( Please don't add the salt until almost the end because the fish is salty enough)
- Three to four tablespoons of olive oil.
- One cup of long grain rice. (More or less depending on how thick you want the asopao.)
- One tablespoon of oregano ( More or less depending on your taste.)
Recipes WikiView Full Recipe