- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 4 large artichoke bottoms, trimmed and halved, in lemon water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1-1/2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma (about 2 slices), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint
Because Fresh, Tender Peas Don't Arrive In My Local Markets Until The Spring Artichoke Harvest Is Winding Down, I Usually Make This Dish With Frozen Peas. If You Use Fresh Peas, They'll Need More Cooking Time And More Water Than Called For Below.